A fresh new start, a clean slate, a new beginning. That’s what CFCY SouthBay is now. We’re that new & improved chapter, we’re coming back again so you better watch you’re back :] Haha, nah nah. That’s not what I’m here to talk about, I’m here to talk about CFCY SouthBay. Yeah, everyone has love for their chapter, and so do I. It’s just crazy feeling I get when I’m around them, it feels like I’m home, with my sisters and brothers, my CFCY family. Our chapter isn’t what it was like it is now, it was totally different. SouthBay was I guess, the smallest chapter, and I guess you can say, the poorest chapter. We weren’t that close, we weren’t that big. But it’s not like that anymore, it’s different. Cause this past House Camp, everything changed. There was something in or at that Camp that just changed every single one of us, including service team, that just completely took over us and opened our eyes. It opened us to that new beginning, that new beginning that we are started and on the verge of at this moment. As I like to say, ” we are that next generation. ” It just makes sense you know? I love my chapter to death, and I love my cluster also. But like I have this flame feeling inside of me, it’s like this wonderful feeling. It’s been in me ever since I left Camp. It’s like God called me to be in this chapter, to be in this community, to be a CFCY member and I accept it. When I grow up, I actually want to be a full time worker. It’s just this amazing feeling I get every time I’m at an event or something, it just enlightens me. My chapter, the chapter that is NOT gay, because we pray, all the way, haha, is just truly amazing. Especially everyone who joined at the recent joining Camp, they fit just right in. I am proud to say that I’m in this chapter, because i just love everyone in it. We started anew, we started a new beginning, we are moving forward in Christ. We’re going to be one of the best chapters out there, and show everyone that we’re still here, we’re still the SouthBay chapter that we always were. No one can stop us now, because we are that next generation. I love SouthBay chapter and all of SoCal. Let’s all continue to move forward in Christ. God Bless. (:
awww that’s always one of the greatest feelings in the world. =]
note to self.. take better notes and dont rely on the stupid study guide because it’s barely like the test. =/
and now i have to write a whole new speech. i think mine may be the worst of the class.. or atleast with these parameters. -__-
she should have told us about the “ethics” of giving a speech sooner. xD plagarism? no duh that’s wrong.. distortion? duh.. but exaggeration?! exaggeration can be a great tool ;] too bad this isnt the PERSUASIVE speech. -__-
comfortable silence was going to be a great topic too..
now ill just have to do something simple and dumb like love.. xD
I remember sitting not too long ago in my high school English class, and fantasizing about college life. I had no idea where I was going to ultimately end up, I just knew it would be better than Verdugo. I am here now. Living the fantasy. Reading until my eyes bleed. Writing until the blisters on my hand turn hard as stone. Drinking a pot of shitty tasting coffee every day.
But I can handle all that. It’s no problem.
The hardest part of this fantasy, is feeling like I’m alone all the fucking time. I mean making friends is easy, getting to know friends is easy, but feeling that I belong with these friends is the part I’m struggling with. It’s like there’s such a lack of community in this place. And if you want community, you either join a frat or some club full of animal or tree lovers. Fuck that. Honestly I just want to meet someone who doesn’t give a fuck about the fact that they’re at Berkeley. Someone who doesn’t give a shit. Someone who doesn’t give a shit about how cool they are. Someone who doesn’t give a shit about how much beer they can chug or bong hits they rip. Someone who is willing to break glass and run.
Friends, I want a friend who can look me in the eye and tell me they’re a fucked up human being. Because I am too.
im a fucked up human being that misses ya buddy. haha
always start out great!
..and then it gets sketchy towards the end..
conclusions are good though! =]
whatever.. ill just give my professor low expectations for now..
really WOW them later. ^__^
5am: *phonerings* “Hey open the door.” Wakes me up just for that…
Service in the morning with my half-woken brother. When i get home, i take a nap in which i dream I’m being interviewed by Summer Ray next to a computer. She asks me if my friend Allan was French because of a wall post he made on facebook speaking in French- weird huh?
Once awake, I go to the liquor store with Nick&PJ, and from there to Nick Freedman’s house. We went swimming in the heavily murky waters of his pool. Reminded me of my sophomore year when we’d hang out with him. We got in the jacuzzi and it seemed like the ambient went from fun to deppressing- Nick Freedmen wasn’t talking, we were talking about stuff we want to do, idk it was deppressing. To avoid that sort of mood, we went to Nick Freedmen’s house to eat. He has so much food!! From chicken nuggets to fishsticks to expired marshmallows (well almost). PJ and I ate some fishsticks, one chicken nugget each, and some burritos. Nick ate some teriyaki chicken and chicken nuggets.
After eating, we went to Nick’s sister’s room to use the computer. Nick R showed me that one interview video to promote Paper Heart, pretty damn funny! “Look at your f*kn body!” hahaha. I then showed the epic show called “Between Two Ferns”. Omg Zach is hilarious. I just love how awkward he is around movie stars. “So you shaved your head for ‘V for Vendetta’… Did you shave your V for vagina?” HAHAHAHAHAHA. Then Nick Freedman started playing Guild Wars, so we went outside.
We made a bet with Nick F, if he lost the bike race, he had to walk from where the speed bump was to the intersection with his shorts down. He raced PJ and lost. He wanted a rematch, so PJ gave it to him, and Nick F lost again.
“Aww do i have to?”
“YES NICK! Pull down your shorts!”
“Can i just give you a dollar?”
*goes inside and comes back with nothing*
“Wheres the dollar?”
“I don’t have money”
“Okay then, now pull down your shorts”
This scene was hilarious. I mean a couple of teenagers are telling their friend to take off his shorts in the middle of the street. He asked if he could run instead of walk, but we said the only way he could do that is if he pulled down his shorts down to his knees, so he did it. Hahaahaha it was hilarious!
It looked like this LOL
Okay, so that was basically these past two days, and this day off that’s coming up seems like the perfect ending for this so-far enjoyed weekend :D
couldnt have said it better myself. but that’s the worst picture ever. xD
cassandra wanted to go videogame shopping yesterday??
hahaha how fun =]
gamedude’s in her area and i havent been there in like 4 years..
and that’s as far as i planned. xD
pj called and i decided to take him along..
we finally got to the store and it would seem they got a whole lot more popular in the years..
the shelves were packed all around the store..
it had the most amazing video game collection you could imagine xD
every single system ever made..
from the worst games to the best..
the most common to the absolute rarest..
but thing that never changed was their prices! -___- hahaha
it was so funny to be able to talk about videogames with cassandra..
see which games weve played.. see which games we havent..
she used to play some wierd games.. xD
yet she hasnt played some of the best games i have!! hahaha
and the whole time pj had no idea what we were talking about.. xDD
we ended up just buying her mom a new copy of RE4 because their copy kept glitching. hahaha
after that we decided to just head over to burbank..
and on the way out of the parking lot i got in my first accident!! =/
hahaha sort of.
it was such a tight spot pulling out..
the front of my car could have scratched and i wasnt watching out behind me..
i tapped a parked van behind me..
bumper to bumper!! gasp!! hahaha
i was slowly driving away while pj and cassandra evaluated for damage on the trucks bumper.. there was no obvious damage.. thank God both our vehicles were already old and scratched up xD
it was turning into a hit and run..
then i saw a guy standing beside the van smoking a cigarette suspiciously watching us drive away in my rear view mirror..
ugh.. looks like i have to turn around..
but half way down the lot the guy’s already going back inside the building!
okayyy.. maybe it wasnt his car??
so we just left and i was freaking out..
“what if he was getting my lisense plate number!?” hahaha!
ugh. i didnt feel like driving anymore. xD
we decided on just watching inglorious basterds.. even if i had already seen it..
we just missed the 3:10 showing.. next show.. 6:40 -____-
so then we tried scouting for the guys that advertise free private movie viewings after fendi told us about it last saturday..
we already found a guy. haha so now we’re booked to watch adam sandler’s born to be famous next thursday. 6:00pm. ah it’s so perfect!! haha
the movie doesnt sound too bad either. xD
then we just decided to walk around the mall..
first those two just wanted to ask for cups of water from every little food stand..
but we couldnt decide what to do after we quenched our thirst..
ugh this always happens!!
we round up a posse of kids down to do anything.. capable of doing anything.. but can never figure out what to do! xDD
there’s a price to being spontaneous.. without planning.. it still has it’s dull moments.. youre left with that sense of.. “what do we do now?” hahaha!
yeeeet.. atleast we’re easily entertained =]
we just went in and out of the japanese store.. gamestop.. the meditation/knife store.. and the arcade for the next hour and a half..
and after all that AMC is 12 bucks to watch a movie? -___-
i miss getting free admission after giving blood. xD
pj didnt bring any money and all i had was a 20..
NOW what do we do!?
CASSANDRA youre supposed to be our tie breaker!! hahaha!
by this time we’re all starving so pj practically tricks me into going to a mcdonalds.. oh well..
i hate mcdonalds.
“oh! cassandra! youre getting a drink?! -you know what that means riiight?”
“what!? whyd you get 2!?”
hahaha she already knows how up to 5 us share one drink. xDD
it was night time when we decided to head back.
i love driving at night =]
pop in one more time 2009..
cassandra got a little taste of what our valleyboy carpools used to be like.. haha
when we got back to her place her mom was already feeding us again. xDD
her cooking is always awesome. ^__^
and then we decided to just dip our feet laying by the pool to warm gentle night..
by this time im pretty sure cassandra was used to pj..
so we were all talking a lot more..
it was nice =]
funnest thing we did all day. haha
after that her mom fed us AGAIN.
and we were on our way home. xDD
that trip totally killed my gas.. give me your old copy of RE4 and we’ll call it even =] hahahah! yes. i always wanted the ps2 version. xD
another awesome night ^__^
guess what? i aced my psych test baby =]
30/26 uww we’re good.. and now i know what to expect from the tests!
oh and note to self.. individual score has to be within 5 points of the group score.
and you want to know something else!?
i can still bomb another test!! hahaha
thank goodness for my awesome professer dropping the lowest of 4 exams. xD
that’s 2 A’s now =]
2 down.. 2 to go. ^__^
hmm now my thursdays seem to be reserved for cassandra??
geez i think this was the hottest day yet.. the drive to her place was torture. xD
but i just love knowing that i could just go and chill at her pool after school. haha
it’s always pretty fun to hang out with her =]
and then i started playing more RE4 for her mom again.. xD
and then her parents kicked me out!? oh they must hate me!!!!
hahaha jk. it was late.. and then her mom invited me to eat MORE!? -__- hahaha
cassandra felt so bad when i said i was sorry for “bothering” her parents and didnt want to visit ever again. haha
i told her id.. think about it ;] hahaha
i dont agree with their particular order.. and i think their descriptions are a little too specific and i would describe my experiences in a very different way.. i cant say i find all these to be the most satisfying simple pleasures life has to offer either but ive italicized the ones i find most enjoyable.. and bolded my favorites. this is how to live life =]
- Sleeping In on a Rainy Day – As the rain beats lightly against the window, you nestle your head deeper into your pillow. The sound is soothing and your bed feels like a sanctuary. There is no place you would rather be.
- Finding Money You Didn’t Know You Had – You reach into your pocket and find a $20 bill from the last time you wore these jeans. You aren’t rich, but you are richer than you were a second earlier.
- Making Brief Eye Contact with Someone of the Opposite Sex – You pass her on the street or in the subway. She glances up at you momentarily, making direct eye contact in a way that seems to communicate a subtle curiosity. For a split second it makes you think… and then it’s gone.
- Skinny Dipping – There is something mysteriously liberating about being naked in a body of water. You are naked, but it feels natural, a sense of unrefined freedom.
- Receiving a Real Letter or Package via Snail Mail – E-mail has become the primary source of written communication. Most snail mail these days is junk mail. When you check the mail and find a real letter or package from someone you know, excitement overtakes you as you tear into this rare gift.
- Making the Yellow Light - It’s one of the most common simple pleasures, the act of beating the pack. As you blaze through the yellow light you glance in your rearview to see all the cars behind you stopping at the red light. Yes! You made it!
- Telling a Funny or Interesting, True Story - One of the most enticing roles you lead in life is that of the storyteller. You love to share stories, especially those that will captivate your audience with deep curiosity and humor. There are few things more satisfying than telling a true story that others enjoy listening to.
- Seeing a Friend Stumble Over Himself – As you walk across the street with your friend, he fails to accurately address the curb on the other side. He trips and stumbles around momentarily before regaining his footing, then swiftly attempts to play it off like nothing happened. This can be a hilarious sight if the moment is right.
- Hearing the Right Song at the Right Moment - It doesn’t matter what the setting is, hearing the right song for that moment is one of those simple pleasures in life that instantly lifts your spirits. You could be driving home from work, hanging out at a bar with friends, or jogging. When the right song rattles your ear drums the entire meaning of life seems crystal clear.
- The First Sip of a Beverage When You’re Thirsty – You just finished mowing the lawn or taking a long jog. The only thing on your mind is an ice-cold glass of water. When you are really, really thirsty, that first sip of any liquid beverage is sheer bliss.
- Catching a Glimpse of Bare Skin on the Opposite Sex – For guys, it’s when the waitress bends over a little too far. For girls it’s seeing that buff guy in a Speedo. Either way, when you see a bit more skin than you were expecting on the opposite sex, you can’t help but to smirk on the inside.
- Saying the Same Thing Simultaneously – There is a moment of silence. Then all of the sudden you and your friend blurt out the same exact set of words simultaneously. This rare occurrence is something to smile about.
- The Pull-Through Parking Spot – You pull into a parking spot and are delighted to see the availability of the parking spot immediately in front of you. You pull through to the spot in front so that when you return to the car you can drive forward out of the parking spot. Why? Because driving backwards is a pain in the butt.
- Realizing You Have More Time to Sleep – Something abruptly awakens you and you think it’s time to get up. Then you squint over at your alarm clock and realize you still have 2 more hours to sleep. A warm euphoric feeling shoots though your body as you glide gracefully back to your dreams.
- People Watching – Sitting there on your bench you can see people in every direction. Tall people, small people, thin and plump. Blond, brunette, and redhead alike. Each of them has a different stride and a unique expression. As you drift from body to body you are mesmerized by what you see.
- Putting On Clothes Straight from the Dryer – As soon as the dryer buzzes, you pull out your clothes and put them on. They feel soothingly warm on your skin and emit a fresh-scented aroma into the air. A sentiment of ease comes over you as you head out to conquer the day.
- A Familiar Smell – You just pulled into your parent’s driveway and opened the car door. You haven’t been home in a long while. You smell familiarity in the air, the scent of a large pine tree in the neighbor’s yard. As you head through the front door, more familiar smells consume your senses. Gosh, it feels good to be home…
- The Feeling You Get When Your Idea Works – You have been struggling to resolve a complex problem all day and you just can’t seem to get it right. Filled with frustration, you decide to exercise one last idea before calling it a night. You’ve had many ideas before that failed miserably… but this time it works.
- Fresh, Clean Bed Sheets – You yank at the corner of the bedspread to create just enough space to slide your body under the freshly cleaned sheets. The sheets feel cool to the touch. Everything seems so clean, like nobody has ever slept in this bed before.
- A Beautiful View – As the car veers around the side of the mountain you gaze out the passenger window. It’s a clear, sunny day and you can see the entire valley below filled with wild flowers and bright green vegetation. The scenery reminds you of something you once saw in National Geographic. But here it is live, right before your eyes.
- Reminiscing About Old Times with Your Closest Friends – Pink Floyd once said “the memories of a man in his old age are the deeds of a man in his prime”. There is no simple pleasure more satisfying than recounting the greatest moments of your life with your closest friends who lived these moments alongside you.
- Receiving an Unexpected Compliment – It’s been an average day. Nothing really great has happened, but nothing terrible occurred either. This monotonous day has put you in a dreary mood. Unexpectedly, an older, attractive lady taps you on the shoulder, calls you “handsome” and says she loves your shirt. The day just got a whole lot better.
- Having a Good Laugh – Laughter is the greatest cure of all. Life is extraordinary in the moments when you are laughing so hard you can barely breathe. These moments of deep laughter are divine in the sense that they cleanse your mood and set your mind on a positive track.
- The Feeling After a Healthy Workout - It’s a giddy feeling of self accomplishment; the one true activity that actually makes you feel better and look better simultaneously. When you walk out the front door of the gym you are on top of the world.
- The Celebration in the Instant Something Makes Sense – Even now that it has explained to you for the third time, you just don’t understand how it works. Everyone else seems to understand but you. Then out of the blue the dots connect in your mind. You finally get it, and it feels great!
- Relaxing Outdoors on a Sunny Day – As you relax sprawled out in a lawn chair, the sun warms your skin and a light breeze keeps the temperature comfortable. Birds are chirping merrily in the trees behind you. You are at complete peace with the environment.
- Holding Hands with Someone You Love – Every time she grabs your hand you are overcome with an awareness of how much she means to you. Holding hands is sensual and physically intimate, yet subtle. There are few people you allow to hold your hand, so when it happens you can be sure that the moment is special.
- Playing in the Water – Water marvels people of all ages. From jumping in puddles as a child, to doing cannon balls in the pool as an adolescent, to enjoying a cocktail in the Jacuzzi as an adult… water is enjoyable.
- Making Someone Smile – You notice that your colleague has been under a great deal of stress with meeting a deadline, so you take it upon yourself to complete one of her indirect responsibilities for her. As soon as she realizes what you did, she comes into your office with a big smile on her face. “Thank you”, she says. You just hit two birds with one stone, because making her smile just made your day.
- Finishing What You Started – You just finished up a big project you’ve been working on for the last few months, or maybe you just finished your first marathon… Either way, you finalized what you set out to accomplish. The feeling of self accomplishment you get when you finish what you started is by far one of the most rewarding simple pleasures life has to offer.
i was supposed to go jobhunting on thursday..
when am i ever in the mood to do that anymore?? =[
freeway.. left on hubbard..
bought some new shoes..
it’s only 4:00 -___-
going back home..
foothill.. left on hubbard..
doesnt brandom live up here??
ive only been to his new place once in the last two years..
two years since ive seen him at all!
i dont have his number.. =P
i got time to kill.
let’s take a chance. =]
to my surprise brandon actually answered the door.
he was more surprised to see me. hahaha
it’s really good to hear he’s happy and doing well now..
even if he was held back in school for another year.. xD
i raided is stuff just like i always did back in the day..
and i asked him if he wanted to see benny’s baby..
let’s go back to the LVT.
he’s only a town over and he’s only been gone for 2 years..
but he was tripping out as if hed been away forever..
a lot does change in 2 years..
he wanted to visit all the homeboys..
we met up with aldo and went over to johnny’s..
if there was ever any doubt that ive had some sort of association with gangsters..
it’s forsure now.. haha
those guys were just telling stories..
talking about all the times theyve had gones pulled on them.. how some homies passed just weeks ago.. whos still doing drugs.. whos in rehab.. whos grown out of gangbanging.. whos digging themselves a deeper hole..
thankfully none of these guys never got into serious gangbanging..
but man.. we could have been a part of it all..
like no joke..
sometimes me and pj would say..
yeah we hung out with gangsters..
but theres actually some truth to that. hahaha
thankfully none of us were stupid enough to get too mixed up with all that..
and benny would always protect us from it all..
it really is a trip to hang out with these guys and see how different their lifestyles are..
brandon just kept telling me about his life..
with his bands..
his new girlfriend..
reminisced about the past..
all that jazz..
it was good to see him again..
hes not as fun as he used to be though. xD
hes more chill now.
he really has grown up..
but in some ways hes still the same..
im just glad that we get to hang again! haha
was awesomee ^__^
cluster assembly. torrance..
socal is humongous now.
cassandra and boogie couldnt come.. =[
but fendi!? hahaha
i thiiink i got pictures with everyone.. xDD
my fire is burning again. ^__^